139 Integrated Train Enquiry System launched by Railways during Oct-2007 is of great value to Railway Commuters and also provides great help and convenience to the public. Presently this system provides the following service:
- All basic enquiries like PNR Status, Accommodation Availability, Tatakl Availability, Train Arrival Departure, Train between Stations and Train in Next Hours etc., are available on telephone No. 139.
- Instant PNR Status (Quick Dialing)
- SMS (56300) -Functional from August-2008
- SMS (139) -Functional from May-2009
- Accessible from all telecom service provider irrespective of the type of telecom service (basic, mobile, WLL services etc.).
- The subscriber can access these services by making Local Call (without requiring STD facility) throughout the country.
- Provision to redirect the caller to a human agent.
- Multilingual service (In addition to Hindi & English)
- The following options available in the regional call centers.
- South - Tamil/Telugu/Malayalam/Kannada