Palakkad Division was formed in August 1956. Historically, the beginning of the Railways in the region started with the laying of the line from Podanur to Pattambi in 1860.The line was extended in phases to Mangalore by the year 1907. When Trivandrum Division was formed on 02.10.1979, the Shoranur - Cochin Harbor Terminus section was handed over to Trivandrum Division. Before the formation of Trivandrum Division, PGT Division had a route km of 1247.58. After formation of TVC Division, PGT Division had 1132.98 route km. With the formation of the new Salem Division on 1st November 2007, the present Palakkad Division has a route kilometre of 577.74 kms.
This is the Portal of Indian Railways, developed with an objective to enable a
single window access to information and services being provided by the
various Indian Railways entities. The content in this Portal is the result of a
collaborative effort of various Indian Railways Entities and Departments Maintained by CRIS, Ministry of Railways, Government of India.