The Accounts department is headed by The Principal Financial Adviser (PFA) Accounts Department.
The Accounts Department is mainly responsible for :-
- Keeping the accounts of the Southern Railway in accordance with the prescribed rules.
- Internal check of transactions affecting the receipt and expenditure of Southern Railway.
- Prompt settlement of proper claims against Southern Railway.
- Tendering, as part of its important functions, advice to the administration whenever required or necessary in all matters involving Railway finance.
- Compilation of budgets in consultation with other departments and monitoring the budgetary control procedures as may be laid down in the relevant orders and Code rules from time to time.
- Generally discharging other management accounting functions such as providing financial data for management reporting, assisting inventory management, participation in purchase/contracting decisions and surveys for major schemes in accordance with relevant rules and orders.
- Seeing that there are no financial irregularities in the transaction of the railway.