MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS / INITIATIVES/ SYSTEM IMPROVEMENT MEASURES
DURING THE YEAR 2020-21 – Sr.DFM/O/TPJ
IRENEWAL OF WAY LEAVE CHARGES
Renewal of Way Leave Charges in respect of 172 track crossings/Way Leave Facilities was due from the year 2011 onwards.A special drive was undertaken to review all such cases:-
- A meeting of all PWIs of TPJ Division was convened and the need for revamping the procedure for identification and billing of Way Leave Charges was emphasized.
- Suitable module was developed in the Railnet based ‘On-line’ portal for Bills Recoverable to monitor Billing & Realization on real time basis. As a result, the Total Outstanding on account of Way Leave Charges was arrived at Rs.3.69 crores.
- Representatives from Accounts Office were personally deputed to the various sites/ Head Offices of Units concerned to pursue clearance of the outstanding dues on a war-footing.
- Due to persistent efforts, an amount of Rs.1.67 crore (almost 45%) has been realized during the F.Y.2020-21.
- In Appreciation of above , DRM/TPJ has sanctioned cash awards to the Concerned staffs.
IIACCOUNTAL OF ADJUSTMENT MEMOS IN THE SAME FINANCIAL YEAR
Non-accountal of AMs within the same financial year has been attracting Annexure ‘J’ to Appropriation Accounts and PFA/MAS has been insisting to resolve this issue.As such, a special drive was initiated during February 2021 and staff of this office were deputed to all Open Line offices of Engineering Department of TPJ Division to review the cases.
The drive yielded good result as nearly 250 transactions of material transfers made with other Railways / Divisionswerebrought to Account in the Financial year 2020-21 itself thereby avoiding inclusion of such items in Annexure ‘J’ to Appropriation Accounts during 2020-21 to the maximum extent.The efforts won the appreciation of PFA. This phase of work will be institutionalised and followed up in future also.
IIISEPARATE BUDGETING UNIT FOR Sr.DEE/OP
Since its formation as a new Department in TPJ Division in the year 2017-18,though Sr.DEE/OP unit was able to incur expenditure for their Department,Budget projections could not be made independently.
This Department had to depend upon both Mechanical / General and Electrical General for spending as the requirement of Electrical/OP was projected by Sr.DME/Gl/TPJ and DEE/Gl/TPJ along with their requirements.
In order to ensure separate Budgeting for Electrical/OP, the matter was taken up with CRIS through PFA/MAS.As a result of the efforts, Electrical/OP has now been included as a separate Budgeting Department in the Budget module of IPAS. This has enabled Sr.DEE/OP to project their requirements separately which was effected from the Revised Estimate for 2020-21.
IVNPS - SUBMISSION OF CSRF APPLICATIONS
A Joint Procedure Order on submission of CSRF to Accounts Office signed by Sr.DFM and Sr.DPO has been issued and circulated to all DDOs.As a result, delay in submission of CSRF applications to Accounts has been considerably reduced and cases ‘Without PRAN’ has been brought to “NIL”. Also the number of cases ‘Without PAN and AADHAAR’ has been brought to “NIL”.