As approved by Railway Board the following special trains to be run within Tamil Nadu on and from 7th September 2020 were already announced , Viz.,
· T. No. 02675/02676 Chennai – Coimbatore – Chennai Superfast Intercity special
· T. No. 02084/02083 Coimbatore – Mayiladuthurai – Coimbatore Janshatabdi special (Except Tuesdays)
· T. No. 02679/02680 Chennai – Coimbatore – Chennai Superfast Express special
· T. No. 02673/02674 Chennai – Coimbatore – Chennai Superfast Express special
· T. No. 06795/06796 Chennai Egmore – Tiruchchirappalli – Chennai Egmore Spl
(via Main line.
· Train No. 02605/02606 Chennai Egmore–Karaikkudi – Chennai Egmore Superfast Spl
· Train No. 02635/02636 Chennai Egmore– Madurai – Chennai Egmore Superfast Spl
· Train. No. 02637/02638 Chennai Egmore – Madurai Chennai Egmore Superfast Spl
· Train No. 02693/02694 Chennai Egmore – Tuticorin - Chennai Egmore Superfast Spl
Now, Railway Board has approved four more Fully Reserved Special Trains as follows:- (With this, the Total Number of Special trains are 13 so far)
T. No. 06181/016182 MS-SCT-MS Special (Tri Weekly)
2. T. No. 02633/02634 MS-CAPE-MS SF Special (Daily)
3. T. No. 02627/02628 TPJ-NCJ-TPJ SF Special (Daily)
4. T.No. 02671/02672 MAS-MTP-MAS SF Special (Daily)
The Detailed Timings of the Trains are:-
1. T.No.06181/06182 Chennai Egmore – Sengottai – Chennai Egmore TRI-WEEKLY Special
T.No.06181 from Chennai on 10.09.2020 T.No:06182 from Sengottai on 11.09.202
With a composition of 1 AC First Class Coach, one 2-Tier AC Coach, Two 3-Tier AC Coaches, 8 Sleeper Class Coaches, Three General Second Class Coaches, and Two Luggage Cum Brake Vans, Train No.06181 will leave Chennai Egmore at 20.25 hrs and reach Sengottai at 09.00 hrs the next day . In the return direction, Train No.06182 will leave Sengottai at 16.45 hrs and reach Chennai Egmore at 05.30 hrs..the next day.
2. T.No.02633/02634 Chennai Egmore – Kanniyakumari – Chennai Emore Daily Special
DATEOFCOMMENCEMENTOFSERVICE: T.No02633 from Chennai on 08.09.2020
T.No02634 from Kanniyakumari on 09.09.2020
With a composition of 1 AC First Class Cum AC Two Tier Coach, Two 2-Tier AC Coaches, Three 3-Tier AC Coaches, 10 Sleeper Class Coaches, and three General Second Class Coaches, Train No.02633 will leave Chennai Egmore at 17.15 hrs and reach Kanniyakumari at 06.20 hrs the next day. In the return direction, Train No.02634 will leave Kanniyakumari at 17.05 hrs and reach Chennai Egmore at 06.15 hrs the next day.
3. T.No.02671/02672 Dr MGR Chennai Central – Mettupalayam – Dr MGR Chennai Central Superast Daily Special
DATEOFCOMMENCEMENTOFSERVICE: T.No02671 from Chennai on 07.09.2020
T.No-02672 from Mettupalayam on 08.09.2020
With a composition of one AC First Class Coach, Two 2-Tier AC Coaches, Six 3-Tier AC Coaches, 10 Sleeper Class Coaches, three General Second Class Coaches, Train No.02671 will leave Dr MGR Chennai Central at 21.05 hrs and reach Mettupalayam at 06.15 hrs the next day, In the return direction, Train No.02672 will leave Mettupalayam at 19.45 hrs and reach Dr MGR Chennai Central at 04.50 hrs the next day.
4.T.No.02627/02628 Tiruchchirappalli – Nagercoil – Tiruchchirappalli Superfast Daily Special
DATEOFCOMMENCEMENTOFSERVICE(Both UP AND DOWN):07.09.2020
With a composition of 1 AC Chair Car, 8 Second Class Chair Cars, 8 General Second Class, and two luggage cum Brake vans, Train No.02627 will leave Tiruchchirappalli at 06.00 hrs and reach Nagercoil at 13.00 hrs. In the return direction, Train No.02628 will leave Nagercoil at 15.00 hrs and reach Tiruchchirappalli at 21.45 hrs.
RESERVATIONS FOR ALL THE ABOVE TRAINS WILL START AT 08.00 hrs on 5th SEPTEMBER 2020
All Safety Protocols as prescribed by MHA Guidelines shall be followed.
All passengers shall be compulsorily screened and only asymptomatic passengers will be allowed to enter /board the train.
Passengers travelling by these special services will observe the following precautions :
(a) Only passengers with Confirmed tickets shall be allowed to enter the Railway station.
(b) All passengers shall be wearing face covers/masks at the entry and during travel.
(c) The passengers shall reach the station at-least 90 minutes in advance to facilitate thermal screening at the station. only passengers who are found asymptomatic will be permitted to travel.
(d) Passengers shall observe social distancing both at the station and on trains.
All passengers are advised to download and use the Aarogya Setu application.
No Linen, blankets and curtains shall be provided inside the train. Passengers are advised to carry their own linen for the travel. The temperature inside AC coaches shall be suitably regulated for this purpose.
Chief Public Relations Officer