The 151st Divisional Railway Users` Consultative Committee (DRUCC) Meeting was conducted by Chennai Division under the Chairmanship of Shri Naveen Gulati, Divisional Railway Manager, Chennai Division on 10.10.18 and this is the 3rd meeting during the current tenure between 01.10.2017 to 30.9.2019. Additional Divisional Railway Managers Shri S.P.Sorte, Shri R. Mukund, and Shri K. Manoj, along with Divisional Branch Officers attended the meeting.
Shri Syed Muneer Ahmed from the National Chamber of Commerce, Shri N. Mahaveer Chand Dugar, Hindustan Chamber of Commerce, Shri Chozha Naachiar Rajasekar from the Tamil Chamber of Commerce, Shri Naina Masilamani, from Arakkonam Rail passengers association, Shri R. Deenadayalan, from Railway Season ticket holder’s association (chennai to gummidipoondi), Shri K. Baskar, from Manavalanagar consumer welfare association, Thiruvallur, Shri P. Simmachandran from Federation of Tamilnadu Differently Abled Association, and Nominees Shri AVS Sathyanarayana, Dr. B. Rama swamy, Shri N. Ramesh, Shri E. Nithyanandam, Shri M. Rakesh Bhansali (ZRUCC Member) Shri P. Dhansingh, Shri A. Baskaran, Shri P. Navarathanmal, Shri P.S. Rama Rao and Shri R. Muralitharan
Shri R. Sathiya Narayana Hari, Senior Divisional Commercial Manager and Secretary/ DRUCC welcomed the members. Shri Naveen Gulati, Divisional Railway Manager and Chairman of DRUCC gave Presidential Address. Shri R. Mukund, Additional Divisional Railway Manager/II gave the Vote of Thanks.
The Divisional Railway Manager gave a Power Point Presentation about achievements of Chennai Division and agenda subjects along with ADRM/III. A detailed discussion was held with DRUCC members about the improvements in Chennai Division relating to :-
- Corporate Social Responsibility works.
- Lift & Escalators at Major stations particularly for Divyangjan & Senior citizens.
- FOBs & ROBs.
- Additional Ticket Counters for cancellation.
- Stoppage of Mail/Express trains at Tiruvallur and Gummidipoondi
- Additional EMU services.
- New lines.
- Separate Battery Cars & Waiting Halls for Physically Challenged.
- Toilet facilities at Stations particularly some improvements for Divyang passengers.
- Safety, Security, Punctuality & Cleanliness and ongoing/sanctioned works of Passenger Amenities of Chennai division.
The Divisional Railway Manager acknowledged the contribution of the DRUCC Members in the Railways’ SWATCH BHARATH Programs